- Training leading to Skills Evaluation Certificate – Knowledge -SEC(K).
- Express course leading to 2nd SEC(K) – To register under Multi-Skilling Scheme.
- All trainees undertaking above courses will be assessed by BCA.
These are practical and theory-oriented courses. The lessons comprise of workshop practicals, classroom lectures and video instructions. It teaches the general knowledge of ceiling, practical preparation of suspension and grid components, fabrication of grid work and installation of ceiling panels. Course contents are:
- Introduction to suspended ceiling installation
- Fixing methods
- Metal & acoustical ceilings
- Good practices & safety
- Quality checks
- SEC(K) candidates must be holders of valid work permits, Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (PR).
- Must be able to understand and communicate in the language of instruction.
- Minimum of 4 or 6 years of construction work experience in Singapore as Tradesmen and Foremen respectively.
- BCA acknowledgement notice.
B) Multi skill
- Candidates must have SEC or SEC (K) certificate.
Language of Instruction:
- English, Mandarin, Bengali and Tamil
Test papers in the following preferred languages are available (provided) by BCA.
(English, Chinese, Tamil, Thai)
Training: 24 hours
BBR Building, 3rd Floor, 50 Changi South Street 1, Singapore 486126