SUSPENDED CEILING INSTALLATION (ACOUSTICAL)
- Familiarization Course (FC) and Skills Assessment (SA) leading to Coretrade registration.
- Training leading to Skills Evaluation Certificate – Knowledge – SEC(K).
- Express course leading to 2nd SEC(K) – To register under Multi-Skilling Scheme.
- All trainees undertaking above courses will be assessed by BCA.
These are practical and theory-oriented courses. The lessons comprise workshop practicals, classroom lectures and video instructions. It teaches the general knowledge on ceiling and drywall installation as well as the practical preparation of suspension and grid components, fabrication of grid work and installation ceiling panels. Trainees will be assessed by BCA.
- Methods of fixture installation and tools
- Good practices in suspended ceiling installation and safety
- Practical workshop on exposed grid and cell type ceiling
- Practical workshop on clip-on grid ceiling
- Practical workshop on semi-exposed grid ceiling
Trainers with different nationalities (Chinese, Bangladeshi, Indian) will be present to assist workers during the training.
- SEC(K) candidates must be holders of valid work permits, Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (PR).
- Must be able to understand and communicate in the language of instruction.
- Minimum of 4 or 6 years of construction work experience in Singapore as Tradesmen and Foremen respectively.
- BCA acknowledgement notice.
B) Multi skill
- Candidates must have SEC or SEC (K) certificate.
Language of Instruction:
- English, Mandarin, Bengali and Tamil
Test papers in the following preferred languages are available (provided) by BCA.
(English, Chinese, Tamil)
2023 Upcoming Course Dates:
Training: 16 hours
- Weekend Courses
BBR Building, 3rd Floor, 50 Changi South Street 1, Singapore 486126