- Familiarization Course (FC) and Skills Assessment (SA) leading to Coretrade registration for Foremen only. There is no course available for Tradesmen.
- Training leading to Skills Evaluation Certificate – Knowledge – SEC(K) for new workers.
- Express Course leading to 2nd SEC(K) to register under Multi-Skilling Scheme.
This is a practical and theoretical-oriented course. Topics covered include:-
- Introduction to the different types of reinforcement
- Reading and interpreting working drawings
- Cutting and bending of reinforcement
- Fabricating reinforcements to dimensions and shapes
- General knowledge of steel reinforcement works
- Good practices of fixing steel reinforcement bars and safety
Trainers with different nationalities (Chinese, Bangladeshi, Indian) will be present to assist workers during the training.
- SEC(K) candidates must be holders of valid work permits, Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents (PR).
- Must be able to understand and communicate in the language of instruction.
- Minimum of 4 or 6 years of construction work experience in Singapore as Tradesmen and Foremen respectively.
- BCA acknowledgement notice.
B) Multi skill
- Candidates must have SEC or SEC (K) certificate.
Language of Instruction:
- English, Mandarin, Bengali and Tamil
Test papers in the following preferred languages are available (provided) by BCA.
(English, Chinese, Tamil, Thai)
2022 Upcoming Course Dates:
- Thursday, 7 July
- Wednesday, 20 July
- Thursday, 28 July
- Thursday, 4 August
- Friday, 12 August
Training: 16 hours
BBR Building, 3rd Floor, 50 Changi South Street 1, Singapore 486126